Bloodstains are very awkward and repulsive on the mattress, most of the time because of an injury or a wound, fresh blood may spill on the mattress. These stains can cause permanent decoloration and damage to your mattress and it is important to get blood stain removal done on time.
Bloodstains may harbor bacteria and germs and this presence of them can contaminate the overall hygiene of your mattress and bedroom. Your quality sleep and comfort are directly dependent on your mattress so its advisable to go for regular mattress cleaning. We are providing you with a simple guide to get rid of bloodstains on the mattress. Keep reading and follow the instructions given below.
Method To Remove Fresh Bloodstains
- Salt or detergent
- Coldwater or icy water
- A towel or a cloth
Fresh bloodstains should be taken care of instantly. You can use detergent or salt with cold water for blood stain removal from the mattress. Rinse the towel or a plain cloth in cold water, use it to rub off the bloodstain, keep rubbing to clean the stains, and make sure it is completely soaked in cold water. If the bloodstain has seeped deep enough you should sprinkle a lot of salt over on the stain, the salt will reach deep inside the mattress and help in breaking the bond of blood and the padding. Let the salt rest in the mattress and get rid of the bloodstain. Use a cloth rinsed in detergent to finish the blood stain removal procedure, rub the stain vigorously and keep rubbing till you see the stain slowly fading away. Dry your mattress naturally.
Old Stubborn Blood Stain Removal Method
Things You Need Are:
- Spray bottle
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar
- Simple cloth or towel
- Step 1: Use baking soda for old and stubborn blood stain removal from the mattress. Start by sprinkling a lot of baking soda on the stain and keep sprinkling to cover the entire stain and leave for a few minutes.
- Step 2: Now prepare a solution of white vinegar and warm water in a spray bottle. Use this spray bottle to spray the solution on the stained area. Keep spraying till the solution saturates the stain completely. White vinegar will react with baking soda and will help in the removal of bloodstain easily. Baking soda and vinegar are both good for mattress sanitization and mattress deodourisation. Leave this solution on the stain for a few minutes and let baking soda dry off.
- Step 3: Remove baking soda chunks present on the stain by a brush. Brush off the entire area and get rid of the remaining soda powder. You can finally use a vacuum cleaner for mattress cleaning and removal of remaining dust or soda.
Talcum Powder As A Blood Stain Remover
Talcum powder has the ability to remove a blood stain as it can soak in the stain particle then an easy cleaning with detergent will help you get rid of it.
1. Make a paste of talcum powder in water.
2. Apply the paste on the stain and leave it for a while.
3. Scrub it gently or vacuum clean the mattress to remove the paste and bloodstain residue.
Bloodstains on the mattress can often go unnoticed, resulting in the deterioration of mattress hygiene and life. This can also hamper your sleep and relaxation. Hire Clean Sleep to get rid of bloodstains on the mattress as well as for routine mattress cleaning. Our professional Mattress Cleaning Canberra services are very affordable and our team is there for you round the clock to deliver the best mattress cleaning service in no time.